Dermaplaning is a super effective exfoliating treatment in which a doctor or aesthetician uses a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off any dead skin cells on the surface of your skin and (along with the peach fuzz on your face). You might be wondering Why is this necessary? It's because the buildup of dead skin and microscopic hairs can make your complexion appear dull, flaky, and can even cause breakouts due to clogged pores and hair follicles. Which is why this form of mechanical exfoliation is essential for maintaining an even, healthy glow. Thinking of making an appointment to try dermaplaning for yourself?
1. Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types.
Patients with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates. However, since the procedure requires use of a sharp scalpel, those with inflamed acne should pass on it until their complexion clears up.
2. There's no downtime. Some light redness can be expected but not always.
It's perfectly fine and common to make an appointment during lunch and go right back to work after the 40-minute treatment.
3. You'll need to be very diligent with SPF afterward.
You should always wear sun protection every day — especially when you're outside for a prolonged period of time — but post-exfoliation your skin is especially susceptible to the sun. So, if you don't take sun protection seriously, you might want to skip this sloughing treatment.
You'll notice a difference in your skin's texture and tone immediately, so it's worth it.
4. It'll change your life as far as makeup application goes.
Ever notice how peach fuzz tends to stand out even more underneath foundation and face powders? Well, since the dermaplaning razor removes all the little hairs on your face, your makeup will go on super smoothly. Your skincare products will also be more effective, since the product isn't being blocked by dead skin cells and can penetrate the skin faster.
5. The results can last up to four weeks.
The procedure removes three weeks of dead skin cells, so your glow will last all month long. But since your skin is always growing, you'll need to schedule an appointment every month or so to maintain your results.
Photo: Results after three sessions.
THE UNBRIDLED EXPERIENCE
Upon arrival at the salon, you will have a brief consultation in our private esthetics suite. Our professional estheticians will discuss your expectations, address any concerns you have, and explain the process of each treatments and their benefits.
1. We begin with a thorough cleanse.
2. Next is Dermaplaning, where we will remove the top superficial layer of dead skin. This is a non-invasive process and you will only feel a light scraping .
3. Afterwards, your skin will be toned and prepped, and we'll remove the skin of any necessary extractions (removal of blackheads, etc.)
4. The Microderm process will be performed, using a suction exfoliator featuring a diamond tip wand,. This will help diminish fine lines around forehead mouth and eyes, and promot